If you brought your unlocked phone to Solavei (BYOP), you will need to change the Internet and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) settings in your phone. These settings are called APN (Access Point Name) settings. Changing the APN settings will setup your phone to find and use the Solavei network.
Step 1 - Attempt Automated Setup
Our Solavei Phone Settings has the ability to send settings to your device Over The Air (OTA). We recommend you attempt to setup your phone with this before trying manual data setup.
Please follow the below steps:
- Enter your IMEI or search for your phone in the Solavei Phone Settings and select it.
- Depending on the compatibility of your device you will either be asked to enter your phone number, or follow some manual instructions, if the latter then you can use Step 2 below as a reference.
- Once you've entered your phone number and completed the Captcha box (number confirmation), click Confirm.
- From there wait for the configuration message to appear on your phone.
- Once you've received it follow the prompts to install the settings, you may be asked to install multiple times, but not more than two.
- The password is always 1234
Note: It can take up to 5 minutes for the OTA configuration message to get to your phone. If you do not receive the OTA message, please attempt the manual setup steps located below.
If you are still unable to access data and/or MMS after the installation, please try the below generic Android data settings.
Step 2 - Generic Android Internet and MMS Settings
If you are unable to find the OTA for your particular Android phone. Below are some generic settings that may work for you. If you don't have a specific field, just leave as default and move to the next step.
- On the device, tap the Menu icon.
- Select Settings.
- Select Wireless & networks.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is Off (you can change this later) and Mobile network is On (or checked).
- Tap on Mobile network.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- Press the Menu key and tap Reset to Default.
- Press the Menu key and tap New APN
- Select Name: enter solavei and tap OK.
- Select APN: enter solavei and tap OK.
- Enter the user name and password listed below. If no value is listed, leave the field blank.
- User name: <leave blank>
- Password: <leave blank>
- Select MMSC: enter http://solavei.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc and tap OK.
- Select MMS proxy: <leave blank>
- Select MMS port: <leave blank>
- Select MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Select : Authentication type: Not set
- Select APN type: default,mms (No spaces. Needs to match exactly)
- Alternate: default,mms,hipri,supl,admin,mobile
- APN Protocol: IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4
- APN enable/disable: APN enabled.
- MVNO Type: IMSI
- MVNO Value: 310260x
- Press the Menu key and select Save
- Press the radio button next to Solavei to set the profile as default.
- Delete all non-Solavei APN's after saving the Solavei APN.
- At this time, turn the phone Off and then back On again.
- Test the settings by sending a picture message to yourself.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Tap Browser.
- Enter a non-Google web site to test.
Step 3 - APN Settings Using an App
If steps 1 and 2 above did not work, we recommend downloading an app from the Google Play store which may help with any issues preventing your manual APN settings from working. There are several APN setting apps in the Google Play store.
Step 4 - Additional Assistance
If you've followed the steps above and are still having trouble setting up you phone please see our Interactive Troubleshooting Guide - Self Help Troubleshooting. Additionally, if you require further assistance please feel free to reach out and Contact Us.