1. Why is Solavei changing the Compensation Plan again?
- When our members gave us feedback about the Compensation Plan we introduced in January, we listened. Our members told us they needed more opportunities to earn and be rewarded for building and leading teams.
- To help our members achieve these goals, Solavei is launching a new Compensation Plan, designed to do one thing: help you earn more, faster. Starting October 1, Solavei Brand Partners will have even more opportunity to earn, exciting new rewards and recognition, and much more, including:
- 10 new ways to earn
- Easier path to free Solavei Mobile Service
- New Bonus Programs
- Solavei Mercedes Club
- New Member Support tools & resources
2. What is changing about the Compensation Plan?
- The current Compensation Plan Solavei offers 4 ways to get paid. The new Compensation Plan can help you earn more, faster by offering 10 new ways to earn and several additional incentives like Free Mobile Service and the Solavei Mercedes Club.
- In addition, members no longer have to become Social Members in order to share Solavei and be rewarded. Now everyone can share and earn free mobile service by referring as little as 6 members.
3. How do I earn under the new Compensation Plan?
- The new Compensation Plan is based on a Point system. There are 3 kinds of points required to earn income:
- Direct Points (DPs) - you earn 1 Direct Point for each person you directly enroll in Solavei Mobile Service including yourself. DPs count toward Fast Action Bonuses.
- Referral Points (RPs) include your Direct Points (DPs) and all members in any of your lines until a Brand Partner enrolls or a member with free mobile service is created.
- Generation Points (GPs) include the total number of Referral Points from your Brand Partners through 5 generations (excluding free mobile users) within any line inside your network.
- Network Points (NPs) include your total number of RPs, and GPs from your overall network. This number does not include members with free mobile service.
- As you enroll new members for mobile service and add downline Brand Partners to your network, you accrue points to move up in rank, earn increasing in come and additional rewards.
4. Will the compensation payment schedule change?
Compensation will continue to be paid monthly on the 12th of each month (Pay Day). The snapshot date will continue to be 11:59 PM Pacific on the last day of each month.
5. Will Solavei continue to use the term Social Member?
- No, “Social Member” will be discontinued and “Brand Partner” will be the description for members who pay the one-time $298 enrollment fee to become a Brand Partner and start their own Solavei business.
- Members who solely purchase mobile service will continue to be referred to as Members and will be able to earn discounted or free mobile service.
6. Is the $5 Referral program being removed?
Yes, the $5 monthly Referral Pay will be discontinued to make way for more earning opportunities. Members earning Referral Pay and other compensation on the October 12th Pay Day will be automatically placed in a transition plan that will keep them on track to earning free mobile service by January 2015. See more information about the transition plan
7. Will Solavei continue to offer a Brand Partner membership without mobile service – like the current SMO?
- Yes – however, a “Brand Partner Only” account (i.e., without mobile service) will not have the ability to add Mobile Service until sometime in the future (similar to SMO today).
- Only members with Mobile Service qualify in the Compensation Plan as Direct Points, Referral Points, Generation Points and Network Points.
8. Does a member need to have active Solavei Mobile Service for 14 days in order to be counted in calculating for Residual Income or Rank Advancement?
Yes, a member needs to enroll, activate their mobile service and be active for 14 days to be counted in calculating as Referral Points, Generation Points and Network Points.
9. If a Brand Partner also has mobile service, do they count as their own Direct Point or as their sponsor's Direct Point?
- In almost all aspects of the Compensation Plan, a Brand Partner with Mobile Service counts as part of their Sponsor’s Direct Points. The only exception is for the Fast Action Bonus (FAB). During the FAB, a new Brand Partner can count their own mobile service as their first Direct Point, until they get free mobile service.
- Example A: Enroll as a Brand Partner with Mobile Service then add just 4 more Mobile Members to reach your first FAB5 and receive a one-time bonus of $100.
10. If a Brand Partner can count their own mobile service as a Direct Point during the FAB period, do they have to replace that DP once they get free mobile service?
A Brand Partner never has to replace themselves OR any other member who obtains free mobile service for the FAB or Production Bonuses. The only time a DP must be replaced is meet point requirements for count towards rank, residual income and monthly leadership bonuses.
11. Will I be able to have multiple Brand Partner accounts in the new Compensation Plan?
No, Brand Partners may only have one account per social security number.
12. Can there be more than one Brand Partner per household?
No, only one Brand Partner per household is allowed. A household is determined by mailing address and family name. A member can only establish Brand Partnership with a physical address – a PO Box address is not accepted.
13. Will Sponsor changes still be allowed for Brand Partners?
No, Brand Partners will not be allowed to change Sponsors at anytime. We will implement system changes in the future, to restrict any Brand Partner accounts from enrolling with a different Sponsor for 6 months following account closure to prevent network jumping.
14. Will Sponsor changes still be allowed for Members?
Yes, members with Mobile Service who are not Brand Partners may complete a Sponsor change within the 14-day “buyer’s remorse” period.
15. How do I get free mobile service on the $29 or $69 mobile plans?
When you earn 6 Direct Points by enrolling 6 people, you earn up to $39 + tax towards your bill, no matter which plan you are on. This means the $29 and $39 plans would be free and you would pay the difference for the higher plans (+$10 for the $49 plan and +$30 for the $69 plan). Earning 9 direct points works the same way, except, that you earn up to $49 towards your bill. Any amount you earn in excess of your chosen plan does not carry forward and will be zeroed out before your next bill. Once you earn 6 Direct Points, you will be considered as having “free mobile service” and will not qualify towards points for your upline (except for FAB and Production Bonus).
Note: Effective 01/20/15 the $69 plan is no longer available. Members already on the $69 plan can retain it.
16. Can a member who has enrolled other members become a Brand Partner, and what happens to their network?
Yes, a member can still become a Brand Partner after they have enrolled members for Free Mobile Service.
- Referral Points: When a member becomes a Brand Partner their Referral Points remain with them (shifting them to their sponsor’s Generation Points) and their sponsor has 30 days to replace those Referral Points if needed before rank or pay is affected.
- FAB: If a member has referred and signed up members directly within the same calendar month that they become a Brand Partner, those members count as Direct Points towards their FAB5. Any referrals from a prior month do not count towards FABs but are included as Direct Points towards rank and other pay.
17. Will there be compression in the new Compensation Plan? If my sponsor cancels, is there a "hole" above me, or do I compress?
Yes. When a Brand Partner closes his/her account the connections below that account will move up one Generation. Vertical compression will be calculated and completed once per quarter.
18. What does vertical compression mean for my network?
Vertical compression changes the Generation of connections below cancelled Brand Partner accounts. This means that any Brand Partners or mobile members below a cancelled Brand Partner account will become Referral Points for the next upline Brand Partner. Vertical compression will not convert referral points or indirectly enrolled Brand Partners into direct points or directly enrolled connections. The only change is to their Generation.
19. Can I earn free mobile service as a Brand Partner?
Yes! You will earn Free Mobile Service with as few as 6 Referral Points.
20. Does a free mobile service line that I have earned free count towards my points or bonuses?
No. Once any line of service qualifies for free (6 or more Direct Points), the line of service does not count towards your Brand Partner's points, or your sponsor’s points. This includes mobile service for Members and Brand Partners.
21. Do I need a 1099 for earning free service?
Members who earn less than $650 a year will not receive a 1099.
22. For Ambassador lines to count towards my rank qualification, can they be anywhere in my downline or do they need to be in 4 separate lines?
The Ambassadors must be in separate legs. A leg is defined as a line descending from a direct connection.
For example, to achieve the rank of Director, you must have 4 separate, first-generation Ambassador lines. Each of these lines must be either direct enrollments or pass through separate directly enrolled mobile member connections.
23. Is there any requirement about where the Ambassador sits in my network?
The Ambassador(s) must be in your Generation 1. For rank qualification, the Ambassador(s) must also be in separate legs or be directly enrolled to you.
24. How will the "one Brand Partner per household" rule be applied to current members?
Consolidation of accounts will not happen on October 1. Affected members will be notified before the change occurs later in the 4th quarter. The account with the earliest member ID will be the one that is kept after consolidation.
25. For the household rule, if my network is consolidated to my spouse’s account, what will happen to my mobile number?
Your account and mobile number will remain active, but you will not be able to sign up as a Brand Partner on that account. However, you can still earn free service.
26. Do existing Social Member Only members (SMO) have to reach Social Sharer or add 6 to avoid the $298 fee?
No, all Social Member Only (SMO) accounts that survive compression (one account per SSN) will be automatically migrated to be Brand Partners effective October 1regardless of rank without needing to pay the $298 fee.
27. I can’t find the option to enroll as a Social Member Only (SMO), how do I do that?
We are no longer accepting Social Member Only enrollments. You will be able to enroll as a Brand Partner without mobile service on October 1.
Fast Action Bonus
1. If the FAB is based on my first 3 calendar months, what happens if I sign up as a Brand Partner in the middle of a month?
It actually works out in your favor! Your FAB5 period is your first calendar month after signing up for Solavei. If you sign up mid-month, you get the remainder of that month AND the first full calendar month following to complete your FAB5.
- Example: If you sign up on the 15th of the October, you get the remainder of October PLUS the whole following month as your first calendar month.
2. If I miss my first FAB period, and do not get 5 Direct Points in my first calendar month, can I still get my FAB 10 if I add 10 Direct Points in my second month of service?
Yes, you can earn your 2nd or 3rd FAB even if you miss your 1st. If you miss your 1st FAB but get 10 Direct Points and enrolled one Brand Partner by the end of your 2nd month, you will receive the FAB10 of $200 but not the FAB5 of $100. The same holds true in your 3rd calendar month to receive the FAB15 (get 15 Direct Points and become a Team Ambassador to receive $500).
3. Do new members need to have active mobile service in order to qualify for FAB?
Yes, a member qualifies towards your FAB the day they activate mobile service.
4. If I received all or some of the FAB from the previous Compensation Plan, can I get some or all of the FAB on the new Compensation Plan?
Yes. All Brand Partners who have been grandfathered or have paid the Brand Partner fee will have a new FAB clock to start their 1st FAB on or after the new Compensation Plan starts on October 1.
Team Action Bonus (TAB)
1. If I have a Generation 1 Brand Partner who receives their FAB5, but I'm a Regional Ambassador, do I get $100 or $25?
You will receive $100 because you are the first person in the TAB payout and there is no Team Ambassador between you and your Generation 1.
2. If I am a Director and someone in my downline gets their FAB, but there is no other ranked member between us, do I get all of the TABs?
No. You are only able to receive one TAB.
- Example: You are a Director and someone below you just received their 1st FAB of $100. There are 2 Brand Partners between you and them; however, they have not reached Team Ambassador rank. You would get the $100 bonus for the rank of Team Ambassador or higher. The $25 bonus would go to your next upline etc. If there is no one above you, the additional bonuses are not paid.
1. Is there a limit to how many times I can receive the Production Bonus?
No. Production Bonuses can be earned every month, but only once per month for a maximum of $200 per month
2. Do my Referral Points count towards my Production Bonus since they aren't below another Brand Partner?
No. You must directly enroll new members to receive the Production Bonus, which means only your Direct Points count.
3. Do I earn each Production Bonus as I enroll more direct members?
No. Your Production Bonus is calculated at the end of each month and depends on how many Direct Points you have enrolled in that month.
- Example: You enroll 8 direct members in one calendar month and would receive a $120 Production Bonus (not $30+$60+$120).
Rank Advancement Requirements
1. Is there a 40% rule like the one in the previous compensation plan?
“Maximum points per line” is similar to the 40% rule but is not the same, because it has one set value for everyone of a specific rank and is not percentage-based. This will make it easier to understand where you need growth.
- Example: To achieve the rank of Director, you can use a maximum of 200 Network Points per Line towards that promotion. Therefore, if you have a Line, which has 500 Network Points, you can use 200 of those Network Points towards achieving the rank of Director.
1. How are generations calculated for earning Residual Pay?
Which generation a member falls under is based on how many Brand Partners are between you and that member in a line. If there are 0 Brand Partners in line between you and the member, they are part of your generation 1. Add 1 + the number of Brand Partners between you and a member to determine their generation.
- You enroll a member. They are in your generation 1. (1 + 0 Brand Partners = 1st generation)
- A member you enrolled enrolls another member. That new member is also in your generation 1. (1 + 0 Brand Partners = 1st generation)
- A Brand Partner you enrolled enrolls a member. That new member is now in your generation 2. (1 + 1 Brand Partners = 2nd generation)
- A Brand Partner under a Brand Partner you enrolled, enrolls a new member. That new member is in your generation 3. (1 + 2 Brand Partners = 3rd generation)
1. If someone in my downline has a higher rank than me, do I get paid for their rank in my Leadership Income?
No. Anyone in your downline that is a higher rank than you counts as the same rank as you for Leadership Income.
- Example: You are a Senior Director and one of your Generation 1 Brand Partners has a rank of National Director. You would get paid $200 for them because they are treated as a Senior Director (same rank as you) for the purpose of the Leadership Development Bonus.
2. Can I earn Leadership Income on more than one Ambassador line?
Yes, it is calculated down each of your Ambassador Lines through the generations you qualify for at each rank.
Example: You are a Senior Director and have 4 Directors in your generation 1 and 2 Regional Ambassadors in your generation 2. You would get paid for all 6 totaling $500, $400 for the Directors and $100 for the Regional Ambassadors.
3. Do I earn Leadership Income in a linear line through my downline?
No, you would earn this bonus per generation depending on your rank.
Example: You are a Senior Director and have a Generation 1 Senior Director who has 3, Generation 1 Directors (making them part of your Generation 2). You would earn $200 for the Generation 1 Senior Director and $300 for the Generation 2 Directors.
1. If someone ranking up to Regional Ambassador is in my Referral Points (not directly enrolled by me) and there are no Brand Partners between myself and the person ranking up to Regional Ambassador, would I earn the matching bonus?
Yes, that Regional Ambassador would still be your Generation 1 and you would receive the Matching Bonus.
2. If someone in my group promotes to Regional Ambassador, where there is a Brand Partner between myself and the person promoting but the Brand Partner in-between is not a Regional Ambassador – do I get the matching bonus?
No, that Regional Ambassador needs to be in your generation 1 for you to receive the Matching Bonus.
Rank Advancement Bonus
1. If I achieve a rank, then lose it and gain it back again, do I get the Rank Bonus again?
No. You can only get the bonus for a rank once.
2. When will I receive the Rank Advancement Bonus?
This bonus is paid once you have achieved the rank and maintained it for two consecutive snapshots.
Example: You achieve the Rank of Director in the month of January and then also in February. You would receive the Rank Achievement Bonus of $1000 on the March 12th Payday.
Social Security Number (SSN) Consolidation
1. If I have multiple accounts under my SSN that are consolidated to one account, what happens to the mobile service on my other lines?
Your mobile service lines will remain in place on their current account. Your SSN will simply be removed from these accounts and your PC1's for those accounts moved to your top account, or oldest member ID (lowest number).
2. What if I was getting free mobile service on one or more of my multiple accounts? If the PC1's are moved to my top account do I lose free mobile service?
You may have multiple accounts earning enough compensation to have their full bill paid using the Earn2Pay program which is available through the 10/12 pay day. You will still be earning compensation on your top account that you can use to pay your mobile service bill with your Solavei card. However, Solavei will no longer be taking earnings and automatically applying it to mobile service bills after the 10/12 pay day. We encourage you to set up AutoPay using your Solavei Card.
3. With account consolidation for multiple accounts under my SSN, how will I know which account remains?
The remaining account will always be your oldest member ID or "top account" (lowest number) even if a different account was the highest ranked under the old compensation plan.
4. Can I still earn free mobile service with the new Referral Pay program on my accounts that had the SSN removed after 10/01?
Yes. If you directly sign up new members under those accounts after the consolidation, you can earn free service via the Referral Pay program like any other member who isn't a Brand Partner. However, it may be more beneficial to keep all of your sign ups under your "top account".
Free Mobile Service
1. Do I need to become a Brand Partner to earn free mobile service?
No. Any member who signs up for Solavei can earn free mobile service by signing up 6 or more qualified members. See the Compensation Plan.pdf for full details.
2. Do I need to provide my SSN/Tax ID to earn free service?
No. Only Brand Partners need to provide that information.
3. How do I get a 1099 tax form for my free service if I don’t provide an SSN?
You do not need a 1099 tax form for earning free mobile service.